2020 has been disappointing for so many Sporting Clubs across Australia and with the unfortunate decision we had to make recently regarding our own Event we cannot sit back and wait for change.
We must now look forward and keep the momentum going to give this Club every chance to succeed in the future, to have a strong memberhip base, to have great local events and to support local competitors and the developement of future competitiors and club personnel.
Whilst local competition is not proceeding we will continue with the following initiatives to support our Sport, our Members and our Volunteers.
- Continue to plan for our events in 2021 – track preparation, seek sponsors and event supporters
- Seek additional track options (Victorian site)
- Have more social events (when permitted)
- Introduce Club merchandise
- Improve our website continually
- Increase club communication via social media
- Collect Club history and produce a record for future generations
- Continue to seek grant assistance where possible
- Develop a strategic plan for future Club success
- Create new fundraising opportunities
- Consider operational changes to compete in COVID-19 normal